Module 8 Discussions – Compose a Persuasive Essay Rough Draft
Due:Mar 6, 2017, 05:59
As discussed in the last module, in this essay, you will argue a position by advancing a point about which you feel strongly and seek to persuade others to agree with you. You should have submitted a thesis statement and detailed outline for the topic you selected. Submit the draft in this discussion. Reminder: the essay should be approximately 500 words.
Now that you have developed a thesis statement and outline for your persuasive essay, it is time to write a rough draft and then submit it for your instructor and peers to review.
Complete the following steps:
- Review feedback on your thesis statement and outline you received from your classmates and instructors.
- Compose a rough draft of your persuasive essay that includes:
- in introduction with thesis statement as last sentence
- a minimum of three paragraph body with topic sentences
- a conclusion
In addition, if you use outside sources, you must give credit to your sources. However, since we have not covered APA-style documentation in ENGL 106, no deductions will be made for violations of format. You must, however, name the source of your information in your paper and list the source at the end of your paper. Deductions will be made if no attempt is made to cite the source.
- Go back to your rough draft after a period of time to evaluate and revise your writing based on the “Checklist for Essays” on page 349 of the textbook.
Critique at least three of your classmates’ drafts.